Sunday, December 12, 2010

1000 reasons I'm a bad mom

If you need a giggle this morning, check out this addition to Moms Who Need Wine's "1000 reasons I'm a bad mom." It always makes me smile!

What would my addition to the list be, if I were to write one? Ah, that one's easy.

I'm a bad mom because if my husband is lying in bed beside me, I don't wake up with the baby. I have the capacity to be a very heavy sleeper, and if my subconscious knows that I don't actually HAVE to be the one getting up, I just don't wake. Usually I am not even aware the baby has stirred until after he goes upstairs, gets her from her crib, changes her or what ever needs to happen, and deposits her in bed next to me so I can nurse her.

On the other hand, if he isn't there, it seems as though I hear her the moment she makes a peep. Maybe I'm kidding myself, maybe she fusses for 10 minutes before I realize she's made a sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment