Wednesday, December 29, 2010

French Toast

The kiddos at my daycare love, love, love anything with eggs in it, so I am constantly trying to whip up something different utilizing one of their favorite things. Last night when I grabbed a few groceries I spotted these flats of eggs that I had never thought to buy before (duh!). It was 2 1/2 dozen eggs for $4.57. Whole wheat bread was also on sale 2/$3, so I decided to whip up a monster batch of French toast and stock the freezer.

For $7.57, I fed the kids lunch today and froze enough of the leftovers for two more meals. I wanted to freeze in manageable packages to allow the most flexibility, so I took waxed and quart ziploc bags. For each piece of french toast I put down one piece of wax paper, folded it over, and set another piece on top. Then I put two of these little bundles together in a ziploc and froze them in packs of four. Now if the kids want to have French toast in the morning, they can just pull out a package and toss them in the microwave. Voila, happy children!

No comments:

Post a Comment