Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cupid Cluster Snack Recipe

I tried out a yummy recipe from Parents.com today, and the kiddos all loved it. I made a few variations on the original Cupid Clusters recipe, so here is my take on it...



Cupid Cups Remix

3 cups Yogurt Burst Cheerios
1 package Gerber (or Parents Choice) dried banana-strawberry mix (find it in the baby aisle, by the snacks)
1 12-ounce package white chocolate chips

Place paper liners in 18 muffin cups. Toss together the Cheerios and dried fruit. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, cooking one minute at a time and stirring until smooth. Pour over cereal and mix. Place in cups, refrigerate until firm, about five minutes.

The littlest ones did look at these a little strange when I first put it in front of them, so I broke off a few pieces, then they very happily went to town on the entire thing. They were happy campers! Plus they felt like they were getting a sweet treat, and I could feel good about giving them whole-grains and fruit.

2 comments: